Friday, October 20, 2006

Locke Fixes His Mess, but Others Still 'Lost'

Sorry for the delay, guys. Tutlemama and I have had a couple of busy days. Anyway, it was nice to shift to the other survivors this week on Lost. Here are our on this week's episode.

Turtlemama says: I have to say that I really enjoyed Wednesday's episode of 'Lost'. Learning about Locke's past was quite interesting, actually! I think that there are many more layers to Locke than we really think. The scenes with Boone were some of the best..I really like the metaphor of Jack, Sawyer and Kate going through security and the security guard was Henry....that was an excellent scene. Kudos to the writers for thinking that one up!

It's interesting that we're starting to see and hear from some of the other passengers. I was wondering when they'd bring in more people...I mean there were 42 survivors on the front of the plane alone....they have to speak at some point, and be involved with a storyline or two would be nice also!

It seems with the emplosion of the hatch there is more mystery to the island. Desmond knew about Locke's speech before he made it, Locke knew about the fate of Jack and the other two before Hurley came back. More questions and very few answers, yet again, but it keeps me coming back for more. I just hope that they answer one major question soon or people will start leaving the show for other shows that DO answer questions and don't leave their audiences in the dark for years! I'm not sure what major question I'd want answered if I could just choose one. Which one would you choose?

Next week looks like we see the true colors of Henry and the others when Sawyer is tortured in front of Kate....I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to watch that one!

TVFan says: This outing was called "Further Instructions," and that's exactly what I feel I need at this point. You know what? Forget the instructions, just give me a frakkin' manual on this show. It was nice to move back to the other side of the island. Locke, Desmond and Eko's lives hung in the balance for the entire summer and then an extra few weeks while we watched the utterly confusing happenings with Jack, Kate and Sawyer. The biggest surprise wasn't the fact that Desmond suddenly developed an ability to see the future (which we'll get to), but the fact that two new survivors magically appeared as if they had been there the entire time. Why didn't Locke, Charlie, Claire, somebody say something when new cast members Kiele Sanchez and Rodrigo Santoro appeared on my screen?? WTH?? I guess we're suppose to assume that they have been there the entire time and we all managed to miss them in the past. I'm not really sure what happened in the Locke flashback because I spent the entire time trying to remember everything that we have learned about him thus far. Seriously, there needs to be An Idiot's Guide to Lost. I'd publish it myself, but that would require me to actual remember all of these details from season-to-season, and clearly, I don't. So, Desmond has developed an ability. This must be the all the rage these days. You have The 4400, Heroes, and countless movies all with characters who develop powers. I think I'm missing out because I haven't developed any special powers, but if I did, I'd want the ability to understand this show better. So, do we think his sudden ability to see the future is a result of the hatch's nuclear implosion or did he always have it and we didn't know? And speaking of that nuclear implosion from last season, how the frak did Locke, Eko and Desmond survive? There's nothing left to the hatch except a huge crater! And why aren't the other survivors questioning this very thing? It seems that I am the only one Lost, but this most recent outing was definitely a step in the right direction.
WHO ARE THESE
MYSTERY SURVIVORS??

If you missed this week's episode, you can watch it for free at abc.com. All of the screencaps in this edition are courtesy of Lost-Media.com.


Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

4 comments:

Scooter McGavin said...

For me, any Locke-centeric episode that doesn't explain why he was in the wheelchair is a throwaway episode.

Anonymous said...

Believe me, you are not the only one Lost!!! I'm sure you have plenty of company. I've decided that all we Lost viewers must be gluttons for punishment the way we keep hanging in there, just hoping for answers, some little tidbit of explanation.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I think that word verification thing is helping me ward off alzheimer's.

Turtlemama said...

My husband actually said "WAIT! Who are those people!? Are the survivors just going to start talking?" I replied "Yeah, they've killed off so many people they have to slowly funnel in new cast members." I mean think about, that's an excellent way to have unlimited cast members. Forget the 'young cast member' plague...have extras then slowly filter them into the storylines! Did you hear that they even had names...Locke called them by their names like we've known them all their lives! I honestly think it's great! But I'm a huge fan....so you know, I'm biased!